Lynne Friel is returning to us after her very popular book binding workshop to show how to cut the perfect mount and give your framing a professional touch. Just what we all need for preparing our work for exhibitions!
This will be at the Liss Triangle Centre, Saturday 1st June from 10.00 – 5.00. Members £52, non-members £57 (these are special rates which PACS had been able to negotiate and offer a significant discount on Lynne’s usual price for this instructional session). An additional fee of £12 for materials will be payable to the tutor on the day. Only 8 participants as each person is given a whole table to work at and no junior discount can be offered.
This one day workshop (10.00 – 17.00) is suitable for complete beginners as well as anyone wanting to improve their skills. You’ll learn to cut accurate, bespoke single mounts using a simple handheld mount cutter. In the morning you’ll cut a mount to fit a standard size frame using one of your own pictures, this will introduce you to all the calculating, measuring and cutting techniques. In the afternoon you’ll practise these new skills on the pictures you’ve brought with you. All materials will be provided at the Workshop including two sheets of conservation grade mountboard. Please bring several pictures and, if you already have them, any frames you would like to use or recycle.
At the end of the workshop you’ll go home with several mounted pictures wrapped in cellophane and ready to drop into ready made frames. You’ll also have the skills to cut more mounts using a handheld mount cutter.
You’ll learn the following skills during the workshop:
- Measuring and calculating mount and frame sizes
- Adjusting measurements so you can use ready made frames
- Transferring measurements to the back of the mount board
- Cutting an accurate single mount (especially at the corners)
- Putting together the mount and backing card and attaching the picture
- Closing up the back of the frame correctly
- Using the correct materials and techniques
- There will be illustrated handouts, and lots of tips and shortcuts
Book your place right here using the PayPal button. You do not need to have a PayPal account, payment can be made with any credit or debit card.